The weekend after Thanksgiving is the time to head to Bala, for a celebration of our beloved cranberry!
The annual Bala Cranberry Festival has something for everyone.
There are lots of “Cranberries” available, whether you want tarts, breads, cheeses, meats, fudge, cookies, juice, jams, or straight up Cranberries you will find them here.
But that’s not all…
Considered one of Ontario’s premier arts and crafts shows with hundreds of exceptional vendors on hand. It certainly is an entertaining festival with a fall fair’ atmosphere. With live music, entertainers/performers and attractions all weekend long!
Great for adults, couples, girlfriends and friends will love the excellent shopping, live entertainment and great food. A family friendly event with kids’ entertainment, kids’ activities, attractions and more. The most family fun is happening on Sunday, October 14, our Family Day.
This fabulous festival has accomplished so much:
- - estimated attendance of just over half million people over the last 33 years (not bad for a small town of 700!)
- - hundreds of local community groups and non-profit associations supported
- - over $100,000 in scholarships disbursed
- - over 125 local musicians have graced our main stage
- - over 5000 volunteer hours per decade
- - successfully 'moved' the end of the season to what is now called 'cranberry'
- - awarded as a Festivals and Events Ontario Top 100 Event
- - located in the heart of Muskoka's cottage country