Parry Sound Real Estate | 2016
The Parry-Sound real estate market was strong through 2016 with inventories being very tight, particularly with regards to waterfront properties. Year-to-date, sales were up 23.7% over last year and the average residential sale was up 10.3 % to $342,631. Recreational property sales rose 7% to $415,023. Total inventory of listings has been running around 6 months which is on the low side historically speaking. We have noticed a large spike in our website traffic for some of the larger lakes in the area and inquiries for the spring purchases come in regularly. The most popular cottage listing prices are in the $400,000 to $700,000 range and inventory in that area is particularly tight. Homes generally in the $250,000 to $400,000 price point seem to be moving quickly with the number of days the listings are on the market quite low.
Town of Parry Sound
- There were 117 properties sold in the town itself at the end of November for 2016
- prices generally ranged from $93,000 to $550,000
- These property sales include homes, waterfront, lots, commercial and leases
Rural Real Estate
- There were 159 property sales for non-waterfront
- Waterfront sales including cottages were over 250 units
- This includes cottages, year round houses, vacant waterfront and lots.
Parry Sound Cottage Real Estate
Demand for waterfront property including year round and seasonal cottages as well as vacant lakefront lots was very strong going right into the fall. All the major lakes were sought after, the following shows MLS listings sold in several areas for the Parry Sound Real Estate Board. The tread towards land on year-round roads continued as many people looking for a cottage they plan to in the future.
- 2 cottages sold
- prices ranged from $355,000 to $700,000
- 5 cottages sold
- Prices range from $ 245,000 to $425,000
- 3 cottages sold
- Price range $ 224,000 to $450,000
- 5 waterfront properties sold
- Prices ranged from $175,000 to $470,000
- 4 waterfront properties sold
- Prices range from $380,000 to $925,000
- 2 Cottages sold
- Prices range from $770,000 to 1,090,000
- 3 waterfront listings sold
- Priced from $450,000 to $1,150,000
- Sales totalled 2
- Priced from $4125,000 to $675,000
- 13 cottages sold
- priced from $250,000 to $830,000
Looking at current MLS listings in the area? Search Parry Sound real estate listings here.